We start with 6 processes,all directly connected to each other.Process 6 is the leader, as it has the highest number.
- Process 6 fails.
- Process 3 notices that Process 6 does not respond So it starts an election, notifying those processes with ids greater than 3.
- Both Process 4 and Process 5 respond, telling Process 3 that they'll take over from here.
- Process 4 sends election messages to both Process 5 and Process 6.
Only Process 5 answers and takes over the election.
- Process 5 sends out only one election message to Process 6.
- When Process 6 does not respond Process 5 declares itself the winner.